Wednesday, February 5, 2014

002. Self-Care Tip: Go on a Mini-Adventure

These books were amazing. 
Found at Antique Mall of Treasures in Old Towne Orange


It's Wednesday! It's the middle of the work week (for those of you that work Monday through Friday). I enjoy having a routine during my work week: electing James to make the coffee, letting Henry (our new adorable puppy) out to do his business, making our daily smoothies, my drive to work, listening to the same radio talk show, and all that goes along with my typical work day. Occasionally, I start to feel like I am in a rut during the week. I wanted to do something different yesterday. It was time for self-care.

James and I have lived together for 2 years and we have thrown around the idea of getting married. Also, we have discussed what a ring for me would consist of, if we decided to go the whole, "will you marry me" route.

Yesterday after work, we decided to drive to Old Towne Orange and visit Rambling Rose - Estate and Vintage Jewelry. I did not know what to expect when we approached the antique shop that this store was tucked into. This was the first time we looked at rings together. I couldn't believe how many Edwardian and Art Deco style rings from the 1920's and 30's were before my eyes! We both were drooling. Okay...maybe just I was, but I know he was excited. Many of the rings are from estate sales and are almost 100 years old. Prior to yesterday, I was not completely sold on the idea of a diamond ring. My sister and I wrote about our feelings on the diamond industry in the past. James and I share the same affection for conflict-free diamond antique rings and when the jeweler actually used the term, "conflict-free" and I knew we were in the right place. 

We then decided to continue our exploration of the downtown area. We visited multiple antique stores and fell in love with everything, as usual. James is extremely talented and creative (in many ways) including his ability to refinish furniture.  There have also been discussions of buying old furniture, refinishing and reselling. Today reminded us that we still would like to pursue that venture together.We found some really great things, but resisted making any purchases.


"Magic Lantern Projector" found at
 Antique Depot in Old Towne Orange. 




Glass slide for the Magic Lantern Projector, 
 now I wish I would have purchased the projector!



Ummm, hello, I love you



We concluded our mini-adventure at a delicious Mexican restaurant called Gabbi's Mexican Kitchen. It was a dimly lit, well decorated environment. I was equally impressed when I devoured my meal. 

Anyway, the focus of yesterday was about spending quality time with James, self-care and spontaneity.

I feel inspired.

When was the last time you went on a mini-adventure?

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! Those are some amazing finds. I'm looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete